Mp3Wrap Project Homepage
Mp3Wrap is a free independent alternative to AlbumWrap. It's a command-line utility that wraps quickly two or more mp3 files in one single large playable mp3, without losing filenames and ID3 informations (and without need of decoding/encoding). Also with the possibility of including other non mp3 files, such as PlayLists, info files, cover images, inside the mp3. This means that you obtain a large mp3 that you can split in any moment just using mp3splt and in few seconds you have all original files again! It's useful because files created with Mp3Wrap are easy to download. Infact who downloads has not to know each single song name and easy to play and even if you don't have mp3splt to split file, you can listen to it anyway.
MP3Wrap the Free AlbumWrap.
Why should I use Mp3Wrap instead of AlbumWrap?
1) Mp3Wrap is completely FREE and Open Source (under GPL License)
2) Mp3Wrap files don't need ID3 to work. You can remove it, and still works
3) Mp3Wrap index is always 1/10 sized than AlbumWrap (1 KB vs. 10 KB, with less probability of damage)
4) Mp3Wrap is faster because you have not to select each file one at a time
5) Mp3Wrap can include path info and other non mp3 files such as playlists
Get Mp3Splt v. 0.6 or higher to split Mp3Wrap files!
OS: Linux / Windows
Environment: Console (Text Based)
License: GNU General Public License
Looking for documentation?
1) HTML Man Page
2) Mp3Wrap FAQ
3) Mp3Wrap Format
Visit download section to see all releases:
Visit: http://sourceforge.net/projects/mp3wrap for more infos
by Matteo Trotta - 2003